Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
O ne of the most reliable door openers we have analyzed, this unit is suitable for users who have the garage separated from the house. Although it is quieter than other models, it still uses a chain drive, which can prove too noisy for a member of the family who lives in a room on the top of the garage. On the other hand, consider that chain models are more durable than belt systems and, in combination with first-rate motors, they fit all garage doors, irrespective of their weight. For more information about the main features and characteristics of this model, we invite you to read our review and decide if this system is the product you’ve been looking for.
This is indeed a great solution for securing your garage door and stop from breaking into your garage. The 1/2 HP motor makes it a sought-after selection. Some of its particularities are:
- Door Compatibility – Works with 7′ tall sectional doors, but thanks to the extension kits, it can also work very well with 8 and 10 feet doors
- Motor – This model has been crafted with a strong 1⁄2 HP motor which has an industrial-strength chain drive
- HomeLink – You can control the system from a distance through your cell phone. Access the website in order to see if your vehicle is compatible
- Remote – The tri-band technology has been included to allow the control of three openers at the same time and increase the remote’s range of action
|Garage door type compatibility||Standard sectional wood doors, heavy-duty steel doors|
|Technology||Patented Rolling code, Posilock|
|Motion detection lights|
|Warranty||6-years motor and 1-year for parts and accessories|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Safe and Secure
A good door opener has to provide security against any possible burglars, but it also has to be safe for the user. To keep trespassers away, it integrates rolling code technology. This implies that with each use of the unit, the transmitter code is modified so that the whole system becomes unbreachable. Some of its safety highlights include:
- Posilock – The anti-theft protection is very useful as it keeps the door locked immediately after it closes and it cannot be opened using the remote control or the keypad
- Safety Sensors – They project an infrared beam across the door opening, if it detects any disruptions, the sensors will prevent the door from closing. Thus protecting your and your family from any unpleasant incidents
- Light – This device includes a 100W light bulb that can provide enough light for you to move around. Thus, you will feel safer in your garage
Affordable and Practical
It includes two remotes with long ranges that don’t have issues with interference as lesser-quality models do. The remotes require two LR44 batteries which are included. Some of its highlights include:
- Control Panel – If you don’t want to use the remote control, you can operate the system from the control panel that you can position on the wall
- Light – The built-in 100-watt light bulb is a great addition as it illuminates the area around the garage when there’s dark outside
- Accessories – Inside of the package you will receive a rail system that is easy to install even by beginners
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer offers a 6-year warranty on the motor and a 1-year warranty on the chain, parts, and accessories. During this period, the product will be repaired or replaced by the manufacturer in case the malfunction is due to defects in material or workmanship. The user manual offers all the details you need to follow through with the installation process on your own. More than that, you can call the customer support department every time you need fuhrer information on anything related to the door opener.
It integrates first-rate anti-theft protection and a user-friendly control panel so that you are granted access to a multitude of functions. Since it integrates a 1/2 HP motor, you can rest assured knowing that it doesn’t have any trouble operating heavy doors whatsoever. There’s the added benefit of the lighting system that guides you to park your car when the dark settles.
It includes the safety sensors as well, super important if you have kids or pets going in and out of the garage. Furthermore, the chain drive might be louder than a belt model would be, but it is considerably more resistant to wear, so the slight noise is worth the hassle.