Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T he pool is the number one attraction of the summer, and everybody is expecting to find the water smooth and clear for the fun to begin on the spot. However, every pool owner knows that taking care of one is not the easiest thing in the world. All sorts of debris tend to end up into the water whereas bacteria will grow if you don’t add chlorine regularly. And the manual cleaning of the leaves, small branches, or even algae, let’s admit, is the biggest bother in the world.
Yes, we are suggesting replacing what sort of manual or semi-automatic cleaning method you have been using until now with a good robotic pool cleaner, and this model from Dolphin is among buyers’ favorite choices. It is true, the investment is substantial, but, as most of these devices, it has a low power consumption rate, so the investment will pay off through low energy costs.
After you finish analyzing this model, check out the best robotic pool cleaners available to make sure that you pick the right product for your pool upkeep needs.
Ease of use
A great robot is also easy to use and fortunately, this is one of those models that are specially designed to make things easier for you. Therefore, it includes a remote control that offers you the possibility to control the cleaner from the distance. You can choose the desired cleaning mode or guide the robot in case it missed a spot. Furthermore, due to the additional caddy, you will be able to transport it much easier.
|Dolphin Triton Plus Spec Sheet|
|Suction Rating||4,500 GPH|
|Cable Length||60 feet|
|Filtering System||Multi-Media, Oversized Leaf Bag, Fine, Ultra-Fine Cartridge|
|Number of Motors||2|
|Navigation Technology||Advanced-Algorithm Smart Nav|
|Tile Line Scrubbing|
|Tangle Free Swivel|
|Number of Scrubbing Brushes||2|
|Check Price at Amazon|
According to the specifications, it is recommended for in-ground pools of any shape, working very well on surfaces like cement, granite, tile, fiberglass, vinyl, and others. It can easily handle pools up to 50 feet and the power of the model is given by the dual drive motor, so any stubborn dirt and debris will be successfully removed once you turn the pool cleaner on. Some of its characteristics are:
- Brushes – The PVC split bristle brushes are very resistant and efficient, so they can take care of the floor pretty well, while the climbing rings enhance the robot’s ability to easily climb in any pool
- Patent Technology – It features a unique Dolphin technology used to Dolphin cleaners, namely the IntelliScan technology, which will take care of the pool’s floor, cove, and waterline. The built-in software enables the robot pool cleaner to scan the entire pool in order to find out data related to its shape, size, and dimensions, for optimal coverage of the pool
- Cleaning Modes – The result is that your pool will be efficiently cleaned every time. As for the cleaning modes, you have the possibility to choose from two cycles, 1 hour and 2.5 hours. The first mode is recommended when the pool is not too dirty and it only covers the pool’s floor, while the second one will thoroughly take care of the entire surface
- Programmable – You can program the robotic cleaner to clean the pool every 24, 48, or 72 hours for 3 successive cycles
In case you want to find out the operation costs of the Dolphin Triton Plus, the manufacturer claims that it will cost you around 15 cents to remove the debris from the pool. This means your electricity bills will be lower in comparison to the costs of a traditional pool cleaner. At the same time, since the robotic pool cleaner features a self-contained filter, your pool filter will need less backwash. Additionally, since the water filtration is improved, you won’t have to use as many chemicals as usual.
Design and accessories
The product features an attractive design with modern accents and from what we see, the manufacturer paid special attention to the materials used for producing it. Therefore, we definitely consider the Triton to be very solid and highly resistant. Its dimensions are 8.97 x 16.77 x 16.38 inches and it weighs 22 lbs. Some of its features are:
- Cable – It is equipped with a 60-foot cable which features swivel to reduce tangling during the cleaning process
- Filter System – It has a top-access cartridge filter system, which is quite easy to clean. The two filter cartridges include a set for fine filtration and one for coarse filtration, so regardless of the size of debris, the filter will easily take care of them
- Caddy – Interesting accessory is the caddy that will conveniently help you move the pool cleaner around without having to carry it when you want to clean the pool. Furthermore, for extra money, you can also opt for the bag kit
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer offers a 2-year warranty for spare parts and labor for the Triton, so you can rest assured in case there are any problems. Furthermore, if you want to know more about the product, or you need assistance, you can visit the official website or call customer support.
Dolphin is one of the biggest, most renowned, and most reliable manufacturers of robotic pool cleaners, this being easy to understand if you invest in the Triton Plus and let the device handle cleaning your pool on its own. What makes this particular model stand out from its competitors is the fact that it allows the user to select important aspects of the robot’s operation like the duration of the cleaning process and when it should start performing.
When it comes to the duration of the cleaning, you can choose between a fast 1-hour cleaning cycle that comes in handy when you have guests over and a more thorough 2.5-hour cycle that ensures complete cleaning of the pool. Also, you are able to set the robot to start operating once every 24, 48, or 72 hours. Thus, you won’t have to be there to set it to start operating but rather program the desired schedule that the robotic device will follow.