Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
W hen picking a garage door opener, some criteria should always be considered. First of all, if your door is heavy, you cannot rely on a cheap option, which will surely need to be replaced in a short time. Secondly, you should always think about who is going to walk through those doors. If you have kids or pets, you wouldn’t want to see them accidentally trapped under the door. Well, the good news with this particular model is that every detail has been considered. Thus, the mechanism is actioned by a 1/2 HP motor, which is super powerful, but the system is equipped with sensors (laser beams) which immediately sense if someone or something is trapped and reverse the closing mechanism.
Now that we have established that it is safe, we should look at other of its features and the one that stroked us as exceptionally is its speed. The door will raise or collapse with no less than 7 inches per second, which means that you will be in and out in no time. Moreover, this fastness doesn’t translate into brutal, noisy operations, but in smooth movements, especially as the system is based on a belt, which is renowned for producing less noise. We should also mention that the motor uses DC power and comes with a transformer. Thus, power consumption is reduced. Other important features are:
- Belt Drive System – The belt is steel reinforced and glides smoothly, allowing not only for gentler handling of the door but for a silent use
- Quiet Operation – The Genie QuietLift 800 has what is called a “slow start” which means it will close or open very slowly for the first two seconds then it goes to normal speed. This is helpful to minimize the impact on the rails and to limit noise. Therefore, you can go with this model even if the garage is built into your house or you have a room positioned on top of it
- Backup Power Source – It could be a real lifesaver if a power outage shall occur, but unfortunately this model doesn’t come with one
Safety and Security Features
It’s very important that you consider your safety when you look for a garage opener system because many accidents can happen while operating the opener. It includes some features designed to keep you safe. Some of its safety features are:
- Safe-T-Beam Sensor – When the two laser beams detect objects in the doorway, they automatically stop and reverse the door so nothing and no one will get trapped under the door
- Electronic Limit – The system relies on an electronic limit setting that fully opens the door and closes it tight so there is no room for sneaking
- IntelliCode – This superior encryption technology will eliminate the possibility of piracy of radio signal. Thus, after every operation, the code will change so it’s nearly impossible to bypass it
|2042-TKS Quietlift 800 Specs|
|Garage door type compatibility||7’ sectional doors|
|Warranty||10 years for motor, 1 year for railing and belt|
|Check Price at Amazon|
When you pay the price, you expect all the accessories that can make the unit functional, and, in this case, you will find almost everything you need. If the two remotes are already a common accessory for every opener, some other functions will set it apart:
- Control Panel – It is user-friendly and includes a multitude of functions. The main function is, of course, the opening and closing of the doors, but you will be able to turn on and off the lights or lock the remote in case you lose it
- Light Bulbs – It is equipped with two 60-watt bulbs that will prove super useful during mornings and nights when you will not need to get out of your car to turn on the light
- Diagnostic Technology – Will check the system for you and display codes that will help you diagnose the problem
Warranty and Support
You shouldn’t get too excited about the warranty because it’s one of the shortest on the market. The motor, which is the most important part, comes with a 10-year warranty, unlike other models that are covered by a lifetime warranty. The other parts, like the belt and the railing, are covered for 1 year only, which is also extremely short. You can reach customer support via email or phone and there is an owner’s manual that can be downloaded off of the manufacturer’s website.
Starting with the installation, which goes smoothly due to the detailed instructions (images included), and ending with the superior security functions, it is truly a bargain. The Safe-T-Beam system will provide you with the peace of mind that none of your family members or pets gets trapped or squished by the heavy door. Furthermore, you have two remotes to share with someone else in the house, but if some of you lose it, you can deactivate it from the control panel, so no one who finds it can use it.