Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T he best way to get a good deal without sacrificing quality is to invest in a LiftMaster. The company is renowned for producing first-rate products, and the 8550 Elite Series is likely their best garage door opener. This is a belt-drive model, which means that you won’t have to go through embarrassing squeaks with each activation. The door will move smoothly and silently making room for your car while you are still behind the wheel. And the list doesn’t end here, but for the rest, we urge that you check out the rest of our detailed review.
If we were to consider the reviews of the customers who have purchased this item, the performance is disappointing and there are considerable issues that keep this unit from being useful. Some people state that the roller wheels fail to operate shortly after the installation while others have had problems with the sensors that make it operate. However, there have also been customers who were very satisfied with their device, so we can’t label this device as completely faulty. Some of its characteristics are:
- Motor – The device uses a 3⁄4 horsepower motor that makes it powerful enough to lift both standard sectional doors and heavy wood gatehouse-style doors, which are known to be more difficult to move
- Belt Drive System – Makes less noise than a chain-drive device, which is great if you have the garage built into your house
- Quiet Operation – You can sleep peacefully in a room positioned in the proximity of the garage without hearing loud screeching and clanking noises
|8550 Elite Specs|
|Garage door type compatibility||Standard sectional doors, heavy wood gatehouse-style doors|
|Motion detection lights|
|Warranty||Lifetime for belt and motor, 5 years for railing and circuit board, 1 year for back-up battery|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Just as the other models, this one has most of the features included a maintenance alert system feature. You can rely on features such as the timer-to-close function that will automatically close and lock the garage door in case you forget. Some of its features are:
- Motion Sensor – These sensors will turn the lights on whenever it senses motion, so you don’t have to turn it on manually
- Timer – The timer-to-close feature can be set to 1, 5, or 10 minutes by simply pressing a button, or you can set it as you like for up to 99 minutes
- Battery Backup – Power outages occur when you expect them less, so this option will help you maintain your comfort even after a huge storm. The battery will allow you to operate the door up to 40 times
Due to the fact that it’s one of the best that’s currently on the market, you will be pleased to know that you will receive numerous accessories at no extra price. This will allow you to install it and to operate it with ease even if you don’t have any experience with such a product. Inside of the package you will find:
- Remote Control – The remote control has been designed with a 3-button visor. This will allow you to control the system from a distance
- Battery– You don’t have to invest further into the product as the battery is included. This means that you don’t have to spend further money for at least a year
- Home Connectivity – You can receive alerts about the product on your smartphone so you don’t have to worry about thorough maintenance
Warranty and Support
It comes with a nice warranty package that ensures many years of security and comfort. It includes a generous lifetime assurance on the motor and belt while parts like the circuit board and the railing are covered by a 5-years assurance. The backup battery is covered for only one year, which is usually the standard warranty. What customers have complained about is the customer support which hardly clarifies any problems related to the functioning of the device.
Like many other top-of-the-line models, it is compatible with the MyQ home automation system, which is good news for those who want to be able to remotely control the device. But what really sets it apart from its competitors are the other many features that it comes with, such as the timer-to-close feature that ensures the door will close even when you forget to do it yourself.
It’s made with complete safety in mind, not endangering your pets or children due to the fact that it automatically retracts the closing action when it encounters objects in its path. All in all, this top of the line model offers everything you need from such a security device, ensuring that your garage won’t ever be broken into as long as it’s installed.