Hours of Research
Consumer Reviews Analyzed
T hose who live in a house and have a garage, know exactly how important it is to have a garage door opener in order to increase the security level and also add extra comfort. Therefore, if you would like to buy a device like this in the near future, but you don’t know what model to get, then we highly recommend the Skylink EQ-1511 chain drive system with wall button. This is one of the best ones available on the market today, and it is exactly what you need in order to obtain the desired result. It is a chain drive model. For further information about this device, you should continue reading this review.
The ultimate in both performance and safety, this device contains everything you need in order to update your garage to modern standards. It is excellent for residential doors up to 7 feet tall. Some of its particularities are:
- Motor – The 1/2-horsepower motors are great for standard aluminum sectional doors used for most new homes, and on those that were actually built from 1990 to today
- Operation – This modern device features a soft starting and soft stopping motor operation, which means that you can confidently open the garage door as many times as you want
- Design – This entire unit measures 30 x 13 x 7 inches, and it weighs 35 pounds
|Garage door type compatibility||7’ H|
|Warranty||6 years for parts, 1 year for motor|
|Check Price at Amazon|
Safety and Security Features
The safety you need is provided by the infrared beam kit that is very easy to install, and the self-learning force that stops when it actually detects resistance. This technology is without a doubt one of the best ones these days when it comes to home safety. Some of its features are:
- Self Learning Force – Thanks to the Self Learning Force feature, the Skylink EQ-1511 has enough force to open and close the garage door, but it is sensitive enough to detect any obstacle
- Automatic– The door will automatically reverse if an obstacle is detected beneath it while closing, thanks to the Safety Beam feature. The door opener has an automatic light dimming, which means that the light starts to dim before it actually turns off
- Installation – You will certainly love is the fact that it is extremely easy to install, and you can do this even if you haven’t installed a door opener before
A wall button and remote control are provided so that you can easily control the device. The light system supports a 60W light bulb, which is not included. Inside of the package you will find:
- Rail – This set also includes a durable 1/2HP chain-drive opener and a rail
- Rolling Code – It changes the access code after each use in order to impede unwanted access
- Mounting accessories – You don’t have to invest money for professional help to set it up as all of the tools are included
Warranty and Support
The manufacturer offers a 1-year motor warranty and 6-year parts warranty. As a customer, you can get all the necessary information just by contacting the Customer Service department. The contact details are on the manufacturer’s website.
After reviewing this opening system, we were able to draw some conclusions and make a list of its good and bad sides. We can say that we were impressed with the many features it was packed with, such as the motion sensors, the rolling code technology, or the remote control that comes in the package. However, we expected more advancements from it, starting with internet compatibility that would have made it more accessible. All in all, it’s a very good unit that will add to the security of your home.